MUUS Collection is home to an extensive fine art photography collection with an emphasis on material related to popular culture, documentary photography, and photojournalism.
We are looking for a professional and detail-oriented individual to assist with various projects related to the collection. Responsibilities and duties include but are not limited to:
• Assisting with a complete inventory evaluation of acquisitions
• Stamping and numbering photographs recently acquired as per inventory system
• Rehousing works in archival storage materials; reorganizing storage space to accommodate new acquisitions
• Scanning images/contact sheets/negatives as needed
• Various other projects as needed for the collection
Individual must be responsible, reliable, and able to pay great attention to detail. Must be able to work independently. Experience with Photoshop and/or Lightroom is desired.
Experience or interested in photography, art history, or collections management is preferred but not required.
Individual must be available for some hours on weekdays between the hours of 9am-5pm. Individual must be able to work in our storage facility and offices in Tenafly, NJ. This is a paid part-time position at the rate of $15/hr.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.